- Perfect outdoor screen system
- Canvas secured in side channels
- Up to 5.5 m wide
- Up to 3 m in drop
- Clear PVC/Mesh fabric/Acrylic fabric
- Dulux custom powder coating
- Manual/automated operation
Ziptrak is a sophisticated outdoor blinds system designed and engineered in Australia. Our Ziptrak blinds are manufactured in Auckland and are a perfect way to create additional outdoor living space – weatherproof and easy to operate – these are hard to beat. Snap a deal for these beauties – choose from a wide range of fabrics and materials for canvas. Often used for cafe/restaurant patios.
Interested in one of our products?
Get a free no-obligation in-home measurement & quote from our sunshade experts!
SunGuard is proud to be the distributor of exterior track-guided blind system Ziptrak® in Auckland. This fantastic brand is famous for its top quality and smooth operation. Ziptrak® blinds ensure effective protection from UV, rain and wind. And another great thing – they keep areas warm in winter and cool in summer, which makes Ziptrak® a must-have for New Zealanders.
This is truly an ideal outdoor blind system for homes, offices, cafés and restaurants.
WIDTH X EXTENSION
MIN – 650 x 500 mm
MAX PVC – 5500 x 3500 mm
MAX Mesh – 6000 x 3500 mm
manual (crank) or automated (remote/wall switch) – Mesh fabric only
Docril (acrylic canvas) – 132 colours
Shadeview Mesh – 25 colours
PVC – 0.75 mm clear or tinted
Customised to Dulux powder-coat range
135 mm small pelmet – drops up to 2400
175 mm large pelmet – drops up to 3300
135 mm flashing
We offer some of the best prices on the market!
Great lead time – from 10 working days
Hand-operated and motorised options
High-quality PVC and mesh fabrics
Child safe – no cords or chains
Ziptrak® is a patented outdoor track guided blind system. It fixes securely the blind fabric within the wall mounted vertical tracks. This is an important advantage, as no gaps on either side of the blind means excellent airflow control. This will also prevent dust, dirt and insects from entering.
Ziptrak® operation is an absolute doddle. There are no unsightly cords, ropes or latches. Special slotted tracks of Ziptrak® system allow the blind to glide smoothly and easily, stopping at any position. The blind can be secured and locked in the down position to guard against high winds and UV – no zippers or buckles required, it’s that simple. Simply use a bar at the bottom to pull it up and down manually, or get your Ziptrak® blind motorised. If you go for a latter option, choose between a wall switch or remote control.
Spring balanced system of a non-motorised blind allows to reduce its weight substantially. Thanks to this technological solution, you can lower or retract your Ziptrak® with a touch of a finger.
With SunGuard, you can choose colours for all components of your blind – Pearl White, Satin Black, Woodland Grey, Classic Cream and Paperbark.
If you need your components in particular colours, you can always opt for custom powder coating by Dulux® Powder & Industrial Coatings.
We offer three distinctive fabric choices for our outdoor blinds.
You can start with choosing our premium quality clear or tinted PVC sourced from one of Japan’s leading manufacturers. Stains and mildew protected, this beautiful PVC will preserve your view and protect from wind and UV. We can also offer non-transparent PVC100 options where privacy is paramount.
Second option is Shadeview fabric that cleverly diffuses light, lends a pared-back finish and optimises views. Available in different weave options with 25 colours across the range. It has a high-shade factor, blocking up to 97 percent of the sun’s rays, reducing the temperature inside your home, and decreasing your energy costs.
Thirdly, we can use Docril Fabrics for our Ziptrak Screens. It is a Spanish company with a long textile tradition that started back in 1875. All Docril sun protection fabrics are produced in Barcelona (Spain).
Yes. motorised Ziptrak® is a popular and convenient option for many Kiwis. It’s a choice if the blind is mounted in a difficult to reach place or you just don’t feel like operating it manually regularly. We use a 240V/AC tubular motor with an obstacle detection feature. If you’re looking at installing many Ziptrak® blinds in your commercial property like café or restaurant, motorisation will make the operation much easier.
Strong wind can hold the material of a Ziptrak® blind preventing it from sliding down the tracks, therefore, we recommend that motorised Ziptrak® blinds will be supervised by the operator while they are moving.
A pelmet is an optional extra. It is an aluminium or steel framework mounted over the top tube of the blind to conceal and protect the blind material and internal components. Pelmets are highly recommended if the blinds are installed in an unprotected location. We offer 135 and 175 mm pelmets in a range of standard colours or we can customise the colour to your specifications.
Back flashing is another way to protect your Ziptrak® blind and give it a clean and sleek look. It is a back cover that protects the fabric from weather and dust, closes the gap between the blind fabric and the top of the reveal.
Skirt/valance – If the ground slopes or you want increased weather/dust resistance, choose a bottom skirt/valance to cover the gap when the blind is locked down.
Centre lock release – For doorways and areas where access is required from both sides of the Ziptrak® system, a reverse handle is available as an addition to the centre lock release.
Pull down hook – For blinds that are too high to reach by hand, a pull down hook is available. These can also be used to lift and unlock the blind from the locked position in one easy action.
– If your Ziptrak® outdoor blind is spring-balanced (hand-operated), always operate it from the centre, so that the fabric/mesh/pvc blind rolls evenly. If you operate from one side, the bottom bar won’t be level.
– If your Ziptrak® blind is motorised, always supervise it when in motion. Don’t retract the blinds or pull them down in high winds, since the wind pressure may obstruct motor operation.
– During stiff winds Ziptrak® outdoor blinds should be either locked down at the bottom or fully retracted onto the top tube. Keep your blinds fully retracted during storms, cyclones, and other extreme weather events.
– If it’s windy, slightly push against the blind material to reduce the pressure and then operate your Ziptrak®.
– When the blinds are wet or have condensation on the surface, don’t roll them up, as the moisture in rolled up position may cause mold to form.
– As a rule, Ziptrak® blinds do not need aftercare for smooth operation. However, if your blinds are installed in a dusty environment, you may wish to apply some lubricant to the product. This would ensure smooth track-guided operation. Use a food grade silicone spray such as Helmar H4000.
Never use any oil based lubricants such as WD40, they will only damage the product and clog the dust inside the track.
– It’s essential to keep your sunscreen mesh or PVC blinds clean.
– Use a soft cloth and soapy cold water. Leave the blinds to dry before rolling up.
– Don’t use any full strength detergents, cleaning soaps, insecticides and other chemical substances on the blind. Don’t use bore water or allow bore water sprinkler systems to hit the material. Avoid using a high pressure hose.
– Don’t allow dirt, stains and bird droppings stay on the blind material.
– Please take extra care when cleaning PVC material as it is more gentle than fabric and shows scratches and marks readily. For the best results, dry your PVC blinds with a clean and soft cloth.
Still not ready to order?
We totally get it, take your time. Leave your email using the button to the right and we’ll send you a free brochure with all the info about this product. We’ll also send you a personalized promo code for a 10% discount off any order!